Social Media Terms and Conditions
With the aim of improving our communication with our customers, Grand Union has created social media facilities including Facebook and Twitter pages. The pages are intended to act as an extra communications channel for Grand Union as a place for our customers to interact with each other and with us. They do not replace our existing communications with our customers and do not replace any of our other procedures for customer feedback or customer complaints. If you would like to comment formally on any of our services you are very welcome to do so through our formal customer feedback process. Should you enter this process we will suspend engagement on Facebook pending the outcome of that process. You can find more details on how to do that on our website: www.guhg.co.uk
We monitor our social media pages during normal working hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, and do our best to reply to any queries as soon as reasonably possible.
In order to use our social media facilities we require everyone to comply with the acceptable use guidelines detailed below.
These guidelines are intended to help you make the best use of social media. Failure to abide by the acceptable use guidelines will lead to the removal of posts and ultimately if unacceptable use persists, a ban from participating in the Grand Union’s social media applications.
When using social networking facilities hosted by Grand Union or any of its subsidiaries, please ensure you comply with the following guidelines:
• When posting comments, please remember that many others may see your posts including current or future customers, Grand Union staff and others are interested in monitoring our activity. Please ensure you do not post anything that you may regret later.
• Do not post anything that is false, misleading, obscene, defamatory, profane, discriminatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another person or entity.
• Avoid the use of foul or abusive language.
• Avoid identifying or discussing other individuals.
• Avoid disclosing personal details such as full name, address, date of birth or phone numbers.
• Avoid revealing or discussing confidential or sensitive information.
• If you are offended by any posts on the sites, please report them immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook, please use the “Complain about the Content” button.
• Grand Union constantly monitors activity on the sites and reserves the right to remove material that does not comply with the acceptable use guidelines.
• Where non-compliance with the guidelines persists, we reserve the right to remove the user and ban them from further participation in social media activities on our pages.
Competitions are for Grand Union customers only. We will ensure that any prizes awarded through competitions offered on social media will be given only to our customers. Terms and conditions will apply.