Our digital champions are vital in helping us spread the word to more customers about the benefits of being online
Become a Digital Champion and help your local community get connected
- Do you enjoy using digital technology for example, email and the internet?
- Do you have 1-2 hours free each week?
- Are you a good communicator and enjoy teaching people new skills?
- Are you able to work with people on a one-to-one basis or perhaps in a small group?
Then why not become a Digital Champion in your local community?
These days having the skills to use digital technology is a must-have. It can save people time and money, make people feel more connected and better informed. Despite this, millions of people have never been online.
A Digital Champion is someone who helps others to understand the benefits of being online and can spend some time showing them how. Digital Champions do a range of simple things like:
- Teaching someone to use Google or another web browser
- Showing a beginner how to set up an email account
- Helping someone to use the internet to research and plan care
- Explaining computer terms and internet jargon
In return you’ll get:
- The opportunity to develop your own skills and knowledge about digital technology
- Free online training so you know better how to work with others and what sort of things you could teach them
- The chance to part of a community of Champions who can help each other and share ideas
- Rewards and awards! You’ll receive a Certificate and an online Open Badge for each Digital Champion course you complete – you can put it on your CV and show others what you’ve done.
- Immense satisfaction that you’ve made a difference to someone else
Become a Digital Champion today! Find out more by emailing Amie at firstname.lastname@example.org